pgsql: Speed up planner's scanning for parallel-query hazards.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Speed up planner's scanning for parallel-query hazards.
Date: 2016-08-19 18:03:32
Lists: pgsql-committers

Speed up planner's scanning for parallel-query hazards.

We need to scan the whole parse tree for parallel-unsafe functions.
If there are none, we'll later need to determine whether particular
subtrees contain any parallel-restricted functions. The previous coding
retained no knowledge from the first scan, even though this is very
wasteful in the common case where the query contains only parallel-safe
functions. We can bypass all of the later scans by remembering that fact.
This provides a small but measurable speed improvement when the case
applies, and shouldn't cost anything when it doesn't.

Patch by me, reviewed by Robert Haas

Discussion: <3740(dot)1471538387(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/da1c91631e3577ea5818f855ebb5bd206d559006

Modified Files
src/backend/nodes/outfuncs.c | 1 +
src/backend/optimizer/path/allpaths.c | 30 ++-------
src/backend/optimizer/plan/planmain.c | 9 ++-
src/backend/optimizer/plan/planner.c | 43 ++++++++-----
src/backend/optimizer/util/clauses.c | 115 +++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
src/backend/optimizer/util/pathnode.c | 6 +-
src/backend/optimizer/util/relnode.c | 4 +-
src/include/nodes/relation.h | 2 +
src/include/optimizer/clauses.h | 3 +-