BUG #8592: Windows Installer not setting locality

From: colin(dot)wright(at)thinkwhere(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #8592: Windows Installer not setting locality
Date: 2013-11-16 18:33:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 8592
Logged by: Colin Wright
Email address: colin(dot)wright(at)thinkwhere(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.1
Operating system: Windows 7 / 2012 64 bit

I've completed several installations of 9.3 on Windows 64bit systems, and
noticed that even though I've specified "English - United Kingdom" when
prompted during installation, the database is initialized with Collation and
Character Type set to "English United States".

I haven't tried specifying any other locality during installation so can't
say if this happens in all cases.