BUG #8239: postgresql cannot run after install with apt-get because of permisions

From: niflheim123(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #8239: postgresql cannot run after install with apt-get because of permisions
Date: 2013-06-18 16:05:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 8239
Logged by: Niflheim123
Email address: niflheim123(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.0
Operating system: Kali Linux ARM Chroot Android

If I run apt-get install postgresql in an chroot enviroment on my android
phone I get on start that it cannot bind to socket. Found out this today:
the user postgres needs permisions to run on android so it can bind to
sockets. Add to install script please: if the installer detects that it is
an ARM (or also detects Kali linux) architecture and its on Android:
usermod -a -G aid_inet postgres
Then start the server. Thank you.