Re: Postgres performance comments from a MySQL user

From: Richard Welty <rwelty(at)averillpark(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres performance comments from a MySQL user
Date: 2003-06-12 14:00:33
Lists: pgsql-general

On 12 Jun 2003 08:50:30 -0500 Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net> wrote:
> A table *is* a relation. You seem to be referring to foreign keys.
> Maybe MySQL has a different syntax?

last time i checked, MySQL didn't do referential integrity. it did accept
some syntax for describing foreign keys, but treated it as a no-op. this
could be different in MySQL 4.x, i haven't looked into it. i rarely need to
work with MySQL, most of my clients who want me to do database stuff are
using PostgreSQL.

richard
--
Richard Welty rwelty(at)averillpark(dot)net
Averill Park Networking 518-573-7592