Error while restoring database

From: "Johann Zuschlag" <zuschlag(at)online(dot)de>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Error while restoring database
Date: 2001-10-19 22:41:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Version 7.1.3, Linux 2.2.18

Following procedure:

1. pg_dump dbname > outfile
Everything is fine.

2. Recreating the database on another system (same Versions)
psql dbname < infile

I get once:
ERROR: parser: parse error at or near ","
The rest works fine.

Debug -d2 shows that recreating an operator fails. There was never a problem
creating this operator before and it worked fine. It just fails during restore. It seem
the function numeric_neq, which is created later (after the second operator) is missing.
So pg_dump doesn't seem to dump the functions before the operators.

<snip>
DEBUG: CommitTransactionCommand
DEBUG: StartTransactionCommand
DEBUG: query: CREATE FUNCTION "numeric_eq" (numeric,double precision) RETURNS b
DEBUG: ProcessUtility: CREATE FUNCTION "numeric_eq" (numeric,double precision)
DEBUG: query: select $1 = $2::numeric;
DEBUG: CommitTransactionCommand
DEBUG: StartTransactionCommand
DEBUG: query: CREATE OPERATOR <> (PROCEDURE = numeric_neq ,
LEFTARG = numeric ,
RIGHTARG = double precision ,
COMMUTATOR = <> ,
NEGATOR = ,
RESTRICT = eqsel ,
JOIN = eqjoinsel );
ERROR: parser: parse error at or near ","
DEBUG: AbortCurrentTransaction
DEBUG: StartTransactionCommand
DEBUG: query: CREATE OPERATOR = (PROCEDURE = numeric_eq ,
<snip>

It's not real problem for me. I think it happened while
playing with pgadmin, changing a function call in
an operator. But still, shouldn't pg_dump look after it?
Any ideas how to fix this?

regards

Johann Zuschlag
zuschlag(at)online(dot)de