Apparent deadlock 7.0.1

From: Grim <grim(at)ewtoo(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Apparent deadlock 7.0.1
Date: 2000-06-07 22:07:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

I have noticed a deadlock happening on 7.0.1 on updates.

The backends just lock, and take up as much CPU as they can. I kill
the postmaster, and the backends stay alive, using CPU at the highest
rate possible. The operations arent that expensive, just a single line
of update.

Anyone else seen this? Anyone dealing with this?
If not, I will start to try and get some debug information.

Also, I tried to make an index and had the following problem

search=# select count(*) from search_word_te;
count
-------
71864
(1 row)

search=# create index search_word_te_index on search_word_te (word,wordnum);
ERROR: btree: index item size 3040 exceeds maximum 2717

What is this all about? It worked fine on 6.5.2

~Michael