Giving more detail in pg_upgrade errormessage

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Giving more detail in pg_upgrade errormessage
Date: 2023-07-18 14:59:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Looking at the upgrade question in [0] made me realize that we discard
potentially useful information for troubleshooting. When we check if the
cluster is properly shut down we might as well include the status from
pg_controldata in the errormessage as per the trivial (but yet untested)
proposed diff.

Is there a reason not to be verbose here as users might copy/paste this output
when asking for help?

--
Daniel Gustafsson

[0] CACoPQdbQTysF=EKckyFNGTdpOdXXMEsf_2ACno+bcNqQCB5raA(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_upgrade_controldata.diff application/octet-stream 735 bytes