"how to set replication slot of an intermediate in 12?"

From: Axel Rau <Axel(dot)Rau(at)chaos1(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: "how to set replication slot of an intermediate in 12?"
Date: 2021-09-20 09:44:05
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

I’m trying to set up a physical replication cluster with streaming replication via ansible.
While trying a basebackup from an intermediate, I’m unable to create a replication slot for the new slave in the intermediate.
It seems that slots are not replicated from the master.

The intermediate will become the new master after transition.

Can I just let pg_basebackup use its temporary slot?
But what about slots, once the new slave starts streaming?

Any help welcome,
Axel
---
PGP-Key: CDE74120 ☀ computing @ chaos claudius