pg_dump -Are statistics saved?

From: Murthy Nunna <mnunna(at)fnal(dot)gov>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_dump -Are statistics saved?
Date: 2023-11-28 00:28:05
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

We are running pg version 14.4

I did a pg_dump of a fairly large database (~20TB). I plan to pg_restore it on same server after upgrading Linux from Scientific Linux release 7.9 to Alma 9. We are forced to do pg_dump/pg_restore due to glibc collation changes in Alma 9.

The pg_dump (used verbose) log said "pg_dump: reading extended statistics".

Does it mean it saved statistics and they can be restored with pg_restore? If not, is it necessary to run ANALYZE after pg_restore?

Thanks in advance for responding.