RE: Are stored procedures/triggers common in your industry

From: "Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul)" <bob(dot)basques(at)ci(dot)stpaul(dot)mn(dot)us>
To: Guyren Howe <guyren(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Are stored procedures/triggers common in your industry
Date: 2022-04-20 19:23:38
Lists: pgsql-general

We’ve used them in the past, but sparingly. Usually if the data is abstracted nicely for loading into the DB, you can get away with most processes only needing SQL, at least in our cases. There are obvious exceptions for things like monitoring or logging.

Our use has been for running some setup scripts (with PERL) to generate some derivative CAD models from the PG DB on the fly, but that was a real specific process need.

Bobb

My machine - - - PW19-S295-C024