Recommended ./configure flags for Ubuntu install?

From: Stephen Froehlich <s(dot)froehlich(at)cablelabs(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Recommended ./configure flags for Ubuntu install?
Date: 2019-01-29 21:54:13
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am compiling PG11 because I need SSL and LDAP support for security rules. However, after compilation, I can't find any default config files. Are there particular directory flags to ./configure that are recommended for Ubuntu?

Should I install the library from the distribution and then recompile on top of that?

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Froehlich
Sr. Strategist, CableLabs(r)

s(dot)froehlich(at)cablelabs(dot)com<mailto:s(dot)froehlich(at)cablelabs(dot)com>
Tel: +1 (303) 661-3708