Re: BUG #9604: Unable to access table remotely

From: Michael Buccetti <Michael(dot)Buccetti(at)Airgas(dot)com>
To: Venkata Balaji Nagothi <vbnpgc(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #9604: Unable to access table remotely
Date: 2014-03-18 16:38:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. One of our network gurus started digging into the issue last night and found that there was a problem with our Pacemaker syncing. Essentially it failed to sync properly and promoted a slave node to Master and gave two different nodes the “master” IP address. Also, the table we were accessing was an unlogged table. We believe these issues caused our problem. Once the syncing issue was resolved and the IP addresses were corrected, the issue cleared itself up.

Going forward we are going to monitor the situation and see if the syncing issue repeats.

Thank you again,

Michael Buccetti