Re: Append n Rows into a Single Row

From: Samuel Gendler <sgendler(at)ideasculptor(dot)com>
To: Tripura <k_tripura(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Append n Rows into a Single Row
Date: 2011-06-18 22:05:58
Lists: pgsql-sql

Look at the documentation for the tablefunc contrib module. It provides a crosstab() function which will allow you to pivot multiple rows into multiple columns in a single row, with all rows that share a particular key in one or more columns pivoting up into the same row, but different keys ending up as separate rows. You could then string concatenate all columns of a single row into a single string if desired,

Sent from my iPhone