Re: More on inheritance and foreign keys

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)seespotcode(dot)net>
To: Albert Cervera Areny <albertca(at)hotpop(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: More on inheritance and foreign keys
Date: 2006-06-08 07:59:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Jun 8, 2006, at 15:38 , Albert Cervera Areny wrote:

> However, I've realized that managing foreign keys with my own
> PL/SQL or C function isn't possible as I need DEFERRED checks which
> are
> currently only available for foreign keys.

I don't know enough about your situation to be sure if this will work
or not, but perhaps you want to look at CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER.
They're deferred to the end of the transaction.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/sql-createconstraint.html

In the hope that this helps,

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net