Where can I find the pg_config binary in PostgreSQL 14?

From: Oskar Stenberg <oskar_stenberg(at)outlook(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Where can I find the pg_config binary in PostgreSQL 14?
Date: 2021-10-01 10:12:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

I'm developing an application with PostgreSQL as the database. But
during the compilation I need to use pg_config to get the paths of the
other PostgreSQL files. But since upgrading to PostgreSQL 14 I can't
find it anymore. Earlier I got this binary from libpq-devel (I'm using
fedora as my workstation and Rocky Linux/CentOS on the database server)
but that package has been replaced by postgresql14-devel according to
DNF. But from what I can see it doesn't contain the pg_config binary?
It seems to contain some headers for it but not the actual binary. Has
it been removed/moved on purpose from the new version? And if so where
do I find this functionality now? Is there another way to get those
paths in a simple manner? :)

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards
Oskar