How can I merge two tables?

From: Jerry LeVan <jerry(dot)levan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How can I merge two tables?
Date: 2011-09-01 17:09:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have tables on my various computers that looks like:

Table "public.registrations"
Column | Type | Modifiers | Storage | Description
----------+------+-----------+----------+-------------
software | text | | extended |
id | text | | extended |
value | text | | extended |
location | text | | extended |
"registrations_software_idx" btree (software) CLUSTER
Has OIDs: yes

I keep registration numbers for software and login/passwords for
various organizations, etc…

As time goes by the tables on the various computers get out of
sync.

Is there an elegant way I can get all of the differences (uniquely)
merged into a single table?

Thanks

Jerry