Re: Need help compiling from souce

From: Jake Silverman <jakerosssilverman(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Jake Silverman <jakerosssilv(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Need help compiling from souce
Date: 2013-06-27 01:10:32
Lists: pgsql-general

I found out what was happening. When the path variables were manually set, something in build.pl was overwriting 64 bit to 32 bit (not sure why. The build was saying 64 was detected and will be used, but then many files were being compiled as 32 bit).

I used a cmd prompt that came with Msft vs express 2012 called 64x cross tools. It had some preset env variables. So, maybe I missed a var, or maybe the prompt didn't allow 64 bit to be switched to 32. Whatever the case, it compiled and installed.

Thank you for taking the time to look through the file and answer me.

-Jake