Re: Call for Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2012: Project ideas?

From: "Albe Laurenz" <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
To: "Selena Deckelmann *EXTERN*" <selena(at)chesnok(dot)com>, "Stefan Keller" <sfkeller(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general List" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Call for Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2012: Project ideas?
Date: 2012-03-12 09:33:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> On Thursday, March 8, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Stefan Keller wrote:
>> I do have a student who is interested in participating at the Google
>> Summer of Code (GSoC) 2012
>> Now I have the "burden" to look for a cool project... Any ideas?
>
> Also those who are on this thread, we are collecting ideas on the wiki:
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2012

I have added Foreign Data Wrappers.
I think that would be a good idea for anybody who wants a clearly
defined project - the API is (currently changing but) documented,
it's a good opportunity to learn hacking PostgreSQL server code,
and you can leverage your knowledge of other software.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe