Ecpg and reentrancy

From: "Dann Corbit" <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Ecpg and reentrancy
Date: 2002-02-05 00:51:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Suggestion:
Because the Ecpg project uses a global sqlca, it can be accessed by only
one thread at a time.
If (instead) we had a user supplied sqlca, it could be used by multiple
threads.
Why not have the user allocate the sqlca or pass it in as a parameter
(maybe they want an auto sqlca).
In any case: a single, global sqlca is a very bad thing. (IMO-YMMV).

Question:
Why no sqlda structure? Every other embedded SQL I have used has the
sqlda {and it is darn useful}.