Re: More schema queries

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: More schema queries
Date: 2002-05-21 19:24:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thanks.

> I'm still interested in why explicitly saying "create view
> pg_catalog.foo" didn't work ...

I've just been playing with this as you suggested, and using an initdb
with both 'create view foo' and 'create view pg_catalog.bar', with the
-- style switch I get (for both types of view):

namespace_search_path = $user,public
newRelation->schemaname = null
namespaceId = 2200 (public)

So I guess the problem is a combination of the getopt() that we've
already found, and schemaname being null in the newRelation structure.

Using the -c style switch in PGSQL_OPTS gives namespace_search_path =
pg_catalog as expected.

I am interested in learning more about this so any pointers you might
offer would be useful (I seriously doubt I'd find the fault myself
though) but I do understand that you probably have better things to do
than help me begin to understand the internals so I won't be overly
offended if you don't have time :-)

Cheers, Dave.