Re: SQl help to build a result with custom aliased bool column

From: Arup Rakshit <ar(at)zeit(dot)io>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQl help to build a result with custom aliased bool column
Date: 2019-04-08 10:02:36
Lists: pgsql-general

I am still having some bugs. I am getting duplicate in the result set.

psql (11.0, server 10.5)
Type "help" for help.

aruprakshit=# select * from features;
id | name
----+------
1 | f1
2 | f2
3 | f3
4 | f4
(4 rows)

aruprakshit=# select * from company;
id | name
----+------
1 | c1
2 | c2
(2 rows)

aruprakshit=# select * from company_features;
id | company_id | feature_id
----+------------+------------
1 | 1 | 1
2 | 1 | 2
3 | 2 | 3
4 | 1 | 3
(4 rows)

aruprakshit=# SELECT
aruprakshit-# features.id,
aruprakshit-# features.name,
aruprakshit-# coalesce(company_features.company_id = 1, false) AS active
aruprakshit-# FROM
aruprakshit-# features
aruprakshit-# LEFT JOIN company_features ON features.id = company_features.feature_id;
id | name | active
----+------+--------
1 | f1 | t
2 | f2 | t
3 | f3 | f
3 | f3 | t
4 | f4 | f
(5 rows)

I should get in the results only 3, as total number of features are 3.

Thanks,

Arup Rakshit
ar(at)zeit(dot)io