Re: BUG #9472: pg_dumpall fails with "unrecognized node type: 650"

From: "Weiss, Wilfried" <Wilfried(dot)Weiss(at)nsg(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #9472: pg_dumpall fails with "unrecognized node type: 650"
Date: 2014-03-10 09:25:39
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Tom,

sorry for confusing you.
I found the reason for this issue.

Originally I compiled pg 9.2.2 using gcc and everything worked fine.
Then I compiled it again using xlc and restarted the engine without unloading and recreating the database.
It seems that are major differences even though it was the same software level.

Basically I prefer xlc as it runs better on AIX but there were some monetary reasons that made me try gcc.

Unfortunately this issue is so exotic that probably no one else can take advantage out of my experience.

Thank you for turning me into the right direction. It helped a lot.

Regards
Wilfried