Re: regex match and special characters

From: Oleksii Kliukin <alexk(at)hintbits(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas(at)visena(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: regex match and special characters
Date: 2018-08-18 15:12:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Adrian,

> On 16. Aug 2018, at 18:13, Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com> wrote:
>
> test=# select 'abcd'||chr(8198) ~ 'abcd\s';
> ?column?
> (1 row)
>

> Wonder if the OP has standard_conforming_strings='off' and
> escape_string_warning='off'?

Both are set to ‘on’ for me for all versions (I believe those are default settings). I have 12devel indeed on my test system alongside 9.6, but I’ve tried it as well on PostgreSQL 10 running on a different distro with different locale settings and it produced the same result (check being true).

I think Tom’s answer solves it, although I am wondering how did you get true in the statement quoted above on PostgreSQL 9.6, perhaps that result is actually from PostgreSQL 10?

Cheers,
Oleksii