Suggestion regarding Auto-Save

From: Jack Royal-Gordon <jackrg(at)pobox(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Suggestion regarding Auto-Save
Date: 2016-12-21 18:42:17
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

When exiting the program, save the context of all query windows, and then restore them upon restart. If the queries represented saved queries, then those saved queries would be re-opened. If they queries were not saved, then they would be saved in a local file and then restored when the program reopened. I tend to keep several query windows open, often with ad hoc queries the I do not save. But if the program becomes unstable, It would not be necessary to save the results pane, just the command pane. I would like to be able to close and reopen the program and then continue from where I left off. While this is an OS X concept, it would be a great thing for pgAdmin4 to do across all platforms. It would be a bonus if this worked even if the program bombed. There may be other windows where this would make sense as well, but I’m not aware of them.

Thanks,

Jack