pg_dump not dumping some schemas

From: "Guo, Yun" <YGuo(at)cvent(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_dump not dumping some schemas
Date: 2015-05-28 17:21:46
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I use this command to dump schema:
pg_dump -s -n test polling_etl > file.sql

However, the file.sql file includes creation of all the objects in schema test, but not the creation of test schema itself.
I executed pg_dump as postgres user, the server and pg_dump are version 9.3.5. I suspect it’s missing some permissions, but not able to figure out what permissions are missing. Below is the permission on test schema:

polling_etl=# \dn+ test
List of schemas
Name | Owner | Access privileges | Description
test | test | test=UC/test +|
| | pb_writer=UC/test+|
| | =U/test +|
| | postgres=U*C/test |