pgmirror

From: Theo Galanakis <Theo(dot)Galanakis(at)lonelyplanet(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "'pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgmirror
Date: 2005-01-14 02:19:53
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,
I need some help getting dbMirror working. I have installed the
contrib RPM package for Redhat Linux. However it hasn't copied all the
necessary files for dbMirror. I could only find pending.so.

I have tried coping the other files from :
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/pgsql/contrib/dbmirror/
<http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/pgsql/contrib/dbmirror/>

then running the MirrorSetup.sql, however it returned the following
error :

psql:MirrorSetup.sql:52: ERROR: could not find function "nextval"
in file "/usr/lib/pgsql/pending.so"

So I assume I need to compile pending.c. I need some help in doing
so?

Im running RedHat Linux ES3 with Postgres 7.4.5.

Regards,
Theo

This email, including attachments, is intended only for the addressee
and may be confidential, privileged and subject to copyright. If you
have received this email in error, please advise the sender and delete
it. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not
use, copy or disclose its content to anyone. You must not copy or
communicate to others content that is confidential or subject to
copyright, unless you have the consent of the content owner.