Re: BUG #11264: Auto vacuum wraparound job blocking everything

From: Dinesh Bhandary <dbhandary(at)switchfly(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #11264: Auto vacuum wraparound job blocking everything
Date: 2014-08-29 21:32:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs

What you are saying is vacuum without tx wraparound won’t cause the
blocking issue we had experienced.

If that’s the case I can just change the auto vacuum on ( which can be
changed on the fly), and I had already bumped up max_freeze_settings to
500 mill for now. We will change that to lower number in the next
maintenance window.

Thanks
Dinesh