Re: BUG #11264: Auto vacuum wraparound job blocking everything

From: Dinesh Bhandary <dbhandary(at)switchfly(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #11264: Auto vacuum wraparound job blocking everything
Date: 2014-08-29 21:13:41
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Alvaro,

I was killing to reproduce the bug.Once it is fixed we have no need to
kill these jobs.
Now we still have this production server not running in auto vacuum till
we apply the fix during next maintenance window. Is running vacuum
manually safe, or we may run into the same issue as auto vacuum tx
wraparound job? I am thinking max_freeze set to 500 million, manual
vacuum won¹t freeze xids, and it may be ok to run. But I am not completely
sure and worried about the same issue happening in production even with
manual vacuum. Please let me know.

Thanks a lot for your help. Much appreciated.
Dinesh