postgres MultiXact 9.3 corruption resolved but advice needed

From: Yvonne Murphy <ymurphy(at)vmware(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgres MultiXact 9.3 corruption resolved but advice needed
Date: 2016-10-15 18:40:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Our application runs against postgres 9.3.9.0-2921310. We recently run into the dreaded ERROR: MultiXactId 82578299 has not been created yet -- apparent wraparound.
We've truncated this big table. Will truncating save us from getting this error soon again or does this bug have nothing to do with the size of the table?
The application has also been tested against. 9.3.12 will upgrading to this reduce the chance of us hitting the bug until we can get the application tested in 9.5. thanks