Re: BUG #14395: sslmode=prefer not checking for certificate and allows connection as SSL

From: "Chithambaram, Balaji (CONT)" <Balaji(dot)Chithambaram(at)capitalone(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #14395: sslmode=prefer not checking for certificate and allows connection as SSL
Date: 2016-10-25 15:04:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs

We can enforce on our client setup sslmode=verify-ca or verify-full. [ I was trying to make a statement that we can do this ].

Problem I see , sslmode=prefer is not checking for certificate and if you go the logs on server side or psql client prompt, it is saying established SSL connection with protocols and so on . Documentation says sslmode=prefer is the default client setup and we are using 9.5 clients. So if we make sslmode=prefer to check for certificate or if we block ssl connection itself while setting up sslmode=prefer any one of those would help us and trying to see solution on that angle.