Best practices for Large import in empty database?

From: Daniel Begin <jfd553(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Best practices for Large import in empty database?
Date: 2014-10-01 14:13:22
Lists: pgsql-general

I am about to feed an empty database with a large import of data (the size
of csv files is about 500 GB). Tables are created but I haven't added any
constraints or indexes yet. I wonder whether the best practice is to add
them before or after the import. Are there other good practices that would
ease the import process?

Cheers,

Daniel