Restarting DB after moving to another drive

From: Daniel Begin <jfd553(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Restarting DB after moving to another drive
Date: 2015-05-11 11:03:09
Lists: pgsql-general

I am working on windows and I had to move my database on another hard drive
after the original one started overheating. In order to move the DB I did
the following.

-Stop postgresql-x64-9.3 service - and wait until there were no more system
access to on the original drive

-Copy the entire content of the original drive to the new one (the drive is
dedicated to the DB)

-Turn off the original hard drive and reassign the old drive letter to the
new one

-Restart the DB

I tried to connect to the database by using PgAdmin III and I got the
following error message:

"Could not read symbolic link "pg_tblspc/100589": Invalid argument"

I concluded something went wrong and I decided to get back to the old drive.
I stopped the DB, turned off the new drive, turned on the old one and tried
to restart the postgresql service but it does not start anymore. The only
message I get is:

"Postgresql-x64-9.3 service on local computer started and then stopped. Some
services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or
programs"

I am the only user of the database

Hoping someone can help

Daniel