[Pljava-dev] sqlj.install_jar vs classpath

From: jcllario at hotmail(dot)com (JOSE CARLOS MARTINEZ LLARIO)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] sqlj.install_jar vs classpath
Date: 2010-03-10 23:15:45
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi all,
I am using PLJAVA in a project that needs many other jars, around 20 different jars.
I have configured PLJAVA with my project in t2o different ways:

1) I configured the postgres.conf file with the classpath pointing out to pljava.jar and the rest of the jars. I didnt use sqlj.install_jar
2) I configured the postgres.conf file with pljava.jar and the rest of jars with sqlj.install_jar

Both options are working well and I think the postmaster is using the same amount of memory in each connection.

So my question is:
Both procedures are similar or I should use one of them in particular?..

Another question I wanted to ask to this forum is:
The only way to share the jars between different postgres clients is to use GCJ? What about using the option Xshareclasses
in the virtual machines (someone has tried that?).

Thanx a lot for the answers,
Jose MArtinez
Escucha a quienes ya han probado Windows 7 ?Hazlo aqu?!
http://www.sietesunpueblodeexpertos.com/index_windows7.html