[Pljava-dev] Pljava builts

From: jcllario at hotmail(dot)com (JOSE CARLOS MARTINEZ LLARIO)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Pljava builts
Date: 2011-01-20 05:37:33
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi Johann,I understand the reasons about not accepting binaries from 'strangers'..I much prefer to get the official binaries from the pljava team..absolutely..but if they are not comming the pljava team is forcing the users to build ther own binaries and this is not a good thing because:- It requieres a lot of time to build the binaries for different platforms and postgres versions - The worst: maybe we are making some mistakes that can be fatal when pljava is running.
I dont thing pljava is an experimental project but mature one so to distribute the binaries to the people who is using it would be a high priority. If not the result could be some people are getting rid of pljava or forcing to build it in not a 'good condition'.
I know pljava is an open source project and all the users must be very gratefull to that as I am but I think this is stopping the spreading of pljava.Jose
Hi,On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 12:30 PM, JOSE CARLOS MARTINEZ LLARIO<jcllario at hotmail.com> wrote:>> I was wondering if it is possible to upload all these pljava compilations (the ones pljava users already made)? If so, the pljava website would be the right place?...How we can upload the compilations?>> Or it is better to wait the official builds?..they are comming soon or its not planned?I'd rather not accept binaries from "strangers" for reasons ofsecurity. I do hope to provide them "soon" but cannot at this timesay "when."Don't expect anything this year though, I'll review the situation in January.Johann