[Pljava-dev] Windows binaries

From: jcllario at hotmail(dot)com (JOSE CARLOS MARTINEZ LLARIO)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Windows binaries
Date: 2011-02-01 17:01:06
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi,
As I said in an email before I got the pljava binaries from the postgres plus installation, then I installed the
standard PostgreSQL from:
http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload#windows

Windows 7 64 bits / Postres 9.0.2 32 bits -> WORKED
Windows 7 64 bits / Postres 8.4.7 32 bits -> WORKED
Windows 7 64 bits / Postres 9.0.2 64 bits -> FAILED as expected (showing pljava is not a a valid win32 application, should have said 'not valid win64 application' ?).

I didnt try it on but I guess Windows 7 32 bits is working with pljava too.

Anyone can tell me what pljava version is distributing postgres plus?..I guess it is 1.4.0 but not sure.

I am still kind of surprised that I have to take the pljava dlls from postgres plus and not from the pljava official web site. Maybe the Postgres plus guys should share their knowledge about building pljava in Windows or to give the binaries directly to the pljava project?.

Still I think we need 1.4.2 pljava binaries and the 64 bit version.

Cheers,
Jose