update from 13 to16

From: Martin Mueller <martinmueller(at)northwestern(dot)edu>
To: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: update from 13 to16
Date: 2023-09-15 16:55:59
Lists: pgsql-general

I am thinking of upgrading from version 13 to version 16.

I think I can do this by leaving the data alone and just replacing the software. My data are extremely simple and consist of several hundred tables, some with close to ten million records. But their structure is simple. I access the data via Aqua Data Studio, as if they were very large spreadsheets.

Is that a correct analysis? I just want to make sure.

Martin Mueller
Professor emeritus of English and Classsics
Northwestern University