syntax errors in initdb for NT install of pgsql 7.0

From: "Jon Lustig" <jlustig(at)etranslate(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: syntax errors in initdb for NT install of pgsql 7.0
Date: 2000-09-20 01:41:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Many others have posted on this but I have not seen an authoratative answer:

execution of Initdb on NT results in syntax errors - these seem to be
induced by whitespace only on some control command lines (for, case, ???).
I've been correcting them, one-by-one, by adding spaces on the ends of the
lines, for instance. However, been a pretty much shot-in-the-dark approach
and I'd like to know if someone's gotten a decent answer on this one.

Jon Lustig
jlustig(at)etranslate(dot)com