Re: How can I quit this: "Unique " to my table?

From: "David Witham" <davidw(at)unidial(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Luis Mix" <ksql2002(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)mx>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How can I quit this: "Unique " to my table?
Date: 2003-04-02 00:18:16
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi Luis,

I presume you want to remove the unique column constraint?

The ALTER TABLE command doesn't allow you to do this so another way is as follows:

pg_dump -t b_prestamo MyDatabase > b_prestamo.sql
Edit the b_prestamo.sql file:
Add DROP TABLE b_prestamo; before the create table statement.
Remove the unique keyword from the no_inventa column
psql MyDatabase < b_prestamo.sql

This will drop and recreate the table and reload the data currently in the table (the pg_dump file contains the schema and the data for the table).

If you have any reference or foreign key constraints that refer to the b_prestamo table, then you will need to drop those constraints and add them back after changing the table.

Regards,
David Witham
Telephony Platforms Architect
Unidial