upsert functionality

From: Sajeev Mayandi <Sajeev_Mayandi(at)symantec(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: upsert functionality
Date: 2013-05-16 05:01:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Our company is planning to move to postreSQL. We were initially using sybase where upsert functionality was available using "insert on existing update" clause. I know there multiple ways to fix this using RULE or separate function in postgresql. But I would like to know which version of postgresql has support for upsert planned using an official syntax. I have postgresql 9.2 which does not have this feature, if its planned in near future, I would rather wait to migrate to PostgreSQL.

Thanks,

Sajeev