Re: returning the number of rows output by a copy command from a function

From: James Sharrett <jsharrett(at)tidemark(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: returning the number of rows output by a copy command from a function
Date: 2013-01-16 17:13:41
Lists: pgsql-sql

The # rows in the table <> # rows in the file because the table is grouped
and aggregated so simple table row count wouldn't be accurate. The table
can run in the 75M - 100M range so I was trying to avoid running all the
aggregations once to output the file and then run the same code again just
to get a count.