Re: Lost my blobs and can't restore.

From: Jerry LeVan <jerry(dot)levan(at)eku(dot)edu>
To: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Lost my blobs and can't restore.
Date: 2004-08-06 23:46:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Hmmm, still don't know if pg_restore will add the comments back....

Anyway I was able to recover my comments by sql that looks like

insert into pg_description values(22160 , 16404, 0, 'robasnowman.jpg')

the 22160 is the oid that represented the picture 'robasnowman.jpg'
16404 is the oid that identifies large objects,
0 is a subclass oid currently 0
'robasnowman.jpg' or whatever you want is the 'comment'

You have to be superuser to write the table (I think)

Fortunately I am getting ready to release the next version 1.3.3 of
BiggerSQL , it has the capability to display images stored in oids
and bytea fields so I was able to make a reasonable comment.

Jerry