Avoid querying a specific field - how?

From: Stefan Schwarzer <stefan(dot)schwarzer(at)grid(dot)unep(dot)ch>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Avoid querying a specific field - how?
Date: 2006-02-21 11:55:02
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

does anyone know how to build a query that SELECTs all fields but not
a specific one? I have a couple of tables, holding statistical
information as well as the geospatial one (via Postgis). When I query
the table I'd like to query only the statistical part - not the
geospatial, which is not necessary and slows done incredibly the
query. I searched a bit within the Postgres SQL domain. It seems
there is an EXCEPT statement, but it seems that it works differently...

Thanks for any help,

Stef