Linux - postgres RAID

From: Rick Gigger <rick(at)alpinenetworking(dot)com>
To: pgsql general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Linux - postgres RAID
Date: 2006-01-23 19:13:07
Lists: pgsql-general

I figure this would be a good place to ask. I want to build / buy a
new linux postgres box. I was wondering if anyone on this list had
some experience with this they'd like to share. I'm thinking
somewhere in the $7k - 15k range. The post important things are
write speed to the disk and good linux driver support for the raid
card. Can anyone recommend a specific raid card / server vendor?

Thanks,

Rick