Subtle bug in autoconf flex version test

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Subtle bug in autoconf flex version test
Date: 2016-05-02 08:40:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The PGAC_PATH_FLEX version test in config/programs.m4 tests the major and minor
versions with = rather than == which unless I’m missing something is performing
assignment rather than testing equality? The attached diff makes the test
trigger the expected warning on major/minor version on my OS X box (awk version
20070501).

cheers ./daniel

Attachment Content-Type Size
flex_version.diff application/octet-stream 1.4 KB
unknown_filename text/plain 3 bytes