Re: Recovery of .partial WAL segments

From: Stefan Fercot <stefan(dot)fercot(at)dataegret(dot)com>
To: Stepan Neretin <sndcppg(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Recovery of .partial WAL segments
Date: 2024-10-18 12:39:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 18, 2024 at 11:07 AM Stepan Neretin <sndcppg(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi there! It looks good to me!

Thanks!

But I have a question. How is the partialxlogfname freed in case of an
> error?

I'm not sure I understand your question. What kind of error would you
expect exactly?
I mostly added a pfree there because we don't need it further. But why
would it be more of a problem compared to other variables/pointers?

Kind regards,
Stefan