Re: BUG #14549: pl/pgsql parser

From: Wei Congrui <crvv(dot)mail(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: stefanov(dot)sm(at)abv(dot)bg, "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #14549: pl/pgsql parser
Date: 2017-02-17 09:44:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello,

In the document,
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/plpgsql-statements.html#PLPGSQL-STATEMENTS-SQL-ONEROW

"If a row or a variable list is used as target, the query's result
columns must exactly match the structure of the target as to
number and data types, or else a run-time error occurs. When
a record variable is the target, it automatically configures itself
to the row type of the query result columns."

I think this is a bug according to the document.

Regards,
Wei Congrui