Redundant assignment of table OID for a HeapTuple?

From: Jingtang Zhang <mrdrivingduck(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Redundant assignment of table OID for a HeapTuple?
Date: 2024-08-23 11:50:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi hackers. I found a strange point when I was reading the heapam
handlers of table access method, where heapam_tuple_insert and several
handlers explicitly assign t_tableOid of the tuple to be operated,
while later the t_tableOid is assigned again by like heap_prepare_insert or
so. Is it redundant? Better to do it together with other tuple
initialization
code?

Regards,
Jingtang

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Remove-redundant-assignment-of-HeapTuple-table-oid.patch application/octet-stream 2.3 KB