Re: Duplicate Primary keys in postgresql tables

From: De Lan <delandl(at)google(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Amit Virmani <avirmani(at)google(dot)com>, Terence Yim <terencey(at)google(dot)com>, Vitalii Tymchyshyn <vitaliit(at)google(dot)com>, Samik Gupta <gupsam(at)google(dot)com>, Albert Shau <ashau(at)google(dot)com>, Vaibhav Sethi <vaibhavsethi(at)google(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Duplicate Primary keys in postgresql tables
Date: 2023-07-24 16:59:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Ken and Adrian,

Thanks for the useful suggestions!

We've investigated a bit more on the collations and we're almost certain it
is the RC:

For Debian 11.11:
user=# select 'a' > 'A'; ?column? ---------- f (1 row) user=# select 'a'
< 'A'; ?column? ---------- t (1 row)

For Alpine 11.19:
user=# select 'a' > 'A'; ?column? ---------- t (1 row) user=# select 'a'
< 'A'; ?column? ---------- f (1 row)

We'll fix the image issue and re-index the affected tables.

Regards,
De