PostgreSQL insights: does it use DMA?

From: Antonio Rodriges <antonio(dot)rrz(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL insights: does it use DMA?
Date: 2011-09-09 17:55:42
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello,

Does anyone know whether PostgreSQL uses DMA (Direct Memory Access) in
certain cases to improve networking IO performance?

I mean "simple" query is which doesn't require any CPU processing, for ex
SELECT column_a FROM table_b WHERE date = "2001-10-05"

I need this to devise the best logic for the system with PostgreSQL as
a layer. Certainly I could study PostgreSQL sources or test it with a
simple application but I hope PostgreSQL experts are aware of this
feature.

Thank you.

--
Kind regards,