Postgres_FDW doc doesn't specify TYPE support in Remote Execution Options

From: Rajan Pandey <rajanpandey2508(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres_FDW doc doesn't specify TYPE support in Remote Execution Options
Date: 2024-04-03 10:57:58
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hi,
I was reading
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/postgres-fdw.html#POSTGRES-FDW-OPTIONS-REMOTE-EXECUTION
and found that it mentions that Immutable Functions and Operators can be
pushed down using `extensions` option for foreign server.

But it does not mention about TYPE.
In the shippable.c
<https://doxygen.postgresql.org/shippable_8c_source.html>/lookup_shippable()
function, I found that type is also pushed down.

[image: image.png]

Does this require updating the docs? Can I raise a PR to do so? Thank you!
:)

--
Regards
Rajan Pandey